- 200g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing the bundt tin
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 medium or 3 large overripe bananas
- 150g natural yogurt or buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g light brown sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs, at room temperature
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl, then set aside. Mash the bananas in another bowl, then stir in the yogurt/buttermilk and vanilla.
- Put the butter and sugar in a separate bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until soft and a little paler in colour – or use a handheld mixer if you prefer. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Using a metal spoon, add a third of the flour mixture and fold it in gently, using a figure of eight motion, followed by half of the banana mixture. Repeat with another third of the flour mixture, then the remaining banana mixture, then finally the remaining flour.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and level the surface with a palette knife or the back of a spoon. Bake for 60-90 min or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 20 min, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Love Em xx