Here is a traditional turkish recipe. On rainy days, or whenever me and my mum are up late at night with no intention of sleeping - she will always pop this one out the bag. It's so simple and delicious. It has this odd taste, one thats slightly similar to that of Baby Born food - but in a really good way. You can either make it with rice or corn flour - I recommend trying it with both because they both give different yet distinctive and delicious tastes! The rice flour version is much more grainier than its smoother counterpart (cornflour version).
1 cup rice flour OR cornflour (rice flour gives a grainy/better taste in my opinion!)
1 cup granulated/caster sugar
2/3 cups semi skimmed milk depending on desired consistency
- Make a paste of the rice flour and sugar with a quarter cup of the milk.
- Put on a medium heat in a saucepan and gradually pour the rest of the milk into the mixture.
- Continuously whisk the mixture for about 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Take off heat once the mixture has thickened and pour in cups.
- Garnish with some cinnamon.