On my way to work it is always absolutely essential that I make a pit stop to the M&S garage for a blueberry muffin and large cappuccino. Yes, I am painfully aware of the fact that my entire Daily Guideline Amount's of EVERYTHING is pumped into this little (large) muffin, but nothing can stop me! After working consecutively for five days (I know it's not very long but I am quite the lazy type), and consecutively making visits to the M&S (The employers and I have become quite the acquaintances), I had this sudden urge to make blueberry muffins, so here is my first attempt at the little devils! I must say, they were extremely moist, which I have the corn oil to thank!
1 + 1/4 cup corn oil
1 + 3/4 cup sour cream (add yoghurt if you run out, I did!)
2 cups self raising flour
4 cups all purpose flour (or 4 cups self raising)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 cups white sugar
2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line muffin tray.
- Begin with beating eggs and sugar together and then gradually add in oil till mixture changes in colour.
- Pour in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift together flours, bicarb and salt.
- Alternatively mix in sour cream/yoghurt and flour into the egg mixture.
- Once well incorporated, fold in blueberries.
- Using an ice cream scoop, plop mixture into muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes.