A ridiculously easy recipe that tastes wonderfully sweet. There's no reason why you shouldn't try this one out because the recipe contains cheat after cheat after cheat after CHEAT.
1 pack ready made sweet shortcrust pastry
1 tin carnation caramel or dulce de leche
200g milk or dark chocolate
60ml double cream
- Roll out your ready to roll pastry on a floured surface and carefully crinkle into a fluted tart tin.
- Place in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until brown then leave to cool.
- Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate till consistently smooth.
- Take the chocolate off the boiler and pour the cream on top then leave to rest in this state for 1 minute.
- Now stir the cream with the chocolate until glossy.
- Spread all of the caramel onto the base of the pastry tin.
- Once the ganache has cooled slightly, pour on top of the caramel and spread.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 1/2 hours.