A delicious cornbread muffin recipe that will knock your socks off! There is extra cornmeal in this recipe to give the muffins a slightly grainy texture, which works very well! This is an original recipe; there are no bits of corn or cheese, just plain grainy goodness so that you can capture that real corn taste. Cornbread muffins are a southern American favourite, I hope you enjoy my very own British take on them!
200ml semi skimmed milk
420ml corn oil
420g plain flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
100g golden caster sugar
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt (optional)
*Cornmeal, and other packaged items that you can find in the oriental aisles in the supermarket are usually very expensive. You can always find them at over half the price in local off licenses.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line a muffin tray with cases.
- In a mixer, add the sugar and oil and mix for 2 minutes then add the eggs one at a times and then pour in your milk till you get a runny consistency.
- Add in baking powder & salt and then the cornmeal till you get a thick-ish consistency.
- Now add the flour and then some Greek yoghurt to break up the batter.
- Plop batter into each muffin case until they are all jjust over two thirds full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Eat warm!
Don't forget this months fabulous Blog Giveaway!